Preferred Practice Areas
Jaroslav R. Zuzak is registered as Swiss Attorney at Law (Rechtsanwalt) in Switzerland, and furthermore as European Residing Attorney at Law both in Czech Republic and Slovak Republic.
He advises and represents clients mainly in the areas of Swiss and international commercial law, contract law, employment law, real estate law, construction law, tenancy law, company law, banking law, debt enforcement- and bankruptcy law, competition law, tort law, insurance law, inheritance law, family law, alimony law, divorce law, administrative law, and criminal law.
His practice focuses on legal issues between Switzerland, the Slovak and the Czech Republic, for instance on establishing companies, commercial contracts, claim enforcement, and international inheritance- and divorce cases. As a litigating lawyer, he represents clients in court- and administrative proceedings. Plus, he is engaged in arbitration, and acts as a mediator. As a flying lawyer, he is very active in the field of aviation law (he holds a private pilot’s licence EASA PPL(A), a sailplane licence EASA SPL, and a Swiss paragliding licence).
- CH: registered Swiss Attorney at Law (Rechtsanwalt)
- CZ: registered European Residing Attorney at Law (Usazeny Evropsky Advokat)
- SK: registered European Residing Attorney at Law (Usadeny Euroadvokat)
- Managing Partner and founder of Zuzak Attorneys at Law Ltd, and earlier founder and owner of the law firm ZUZAK Anwaltskanzlei in Zurich (since 2006)
- Legal Counsel at a major Swiss Bank (until 2006)
- Attorney at a big Swiss commercial law firm in Zürich (until 2005)
- Co-founder and director of IT-firm (until 2005)
- LL.M. (Master of Laws International) and training as mediator (Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution) at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia (2004)
- Attorney license of Canton Zürich, admitted to all Swiss courts (2003)
- lic. iur. at University in Zürich (law school diploma, 2001)
- Diploma in Higher Education in Common Law at Law School of University of East Anglia in Norwich, England (1997)
- Language Diploma in Czech language at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic (1995); Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE, 1997), including endorsement for translation English-German
Swiss Bar Association (SAV); Zurich Bar Association (ZAV), Czech Bar Association (CAK), Slovak Bar Association (SAK), Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Czech Republic (HST), Chamber of Commerce Switzerland – Central Europe (SEC); University of East Anglia Alumni, University La Trobe Alumni, Board Member of Segelfluggruppe Schaffhausen, etc.
German (native speaker), Czech, English, French, spoken Slovak